Bicolor Alpaca Cowl
This crochet chunky cowl has a very interesting texture that gives volume and softness!
It is made with just chain stitches and double crochet stitches (US terms), super easy and very fast!
Skill Level: Easy
Finished Measurements (approximately): Hight 26 cm, Width 26 cm
Wrap just one time around the neck.
Materials needed: 2x 50 gr Babe Alpaca Unique Yarns Co., colours of choice
Here we have used Lavender and Ginger shades of Babe Alpaca.
Crochet hook size: 6.0 mm (J)
You can choose between these colors:
Chain 38 with Lavender yarn.
1 row: In the 5th ch from hook [4dc, 3ch, skip 3sts], repeat the sequence in brackets all the way until you remain with the last 2 chain where you will make 4 dc in the next ch and 1dc in the last ch. Ch3, turn your work.
Row 2: Bend your work forward as shown in the pictures below, [4dc in the hole between the third and fourth DC of the first row, 3ch, skip 3 sts] repeat the sequence in brackets all the way. To close the row, 1 DC in the last chain. Ch 3, turn the work.
Row 3-18: repeat row 2
Change colour with Ginger yarn
Row 19-35: repeat row 2
Row 36: repeat row 2 and close the row with 1 DC in the last ch (without ch3 at the end)
Row 37: sc, [sc4tg, sc in the next 3ch], repeat the sequence in brackets all the way, closing the row with a sc4tg in the second last ch and a sc in the last ch (as in the scheme).
Joining lavender and ginger parts together
Since we have 2 parts with different colors to join, we don’t want to create a ridge when sewing the two pieces: we will be joining the two parts by using the mattress stitch that creates the most seamless and invisible seam amongst all the other methods. It is even extremely easy to perform!
- Lay out the two edges (lavender and ginger), lining up the corresponding stitches on each side.
- Thread your yarn needle with the purple yarn.
- to begin joining the two panels, insert your needle through the top loop only of the first stitch of the lavender part and inserti it into the top loop only of the first stitch of the ginger part.
- Now insert insert your needle through the top loop only of the second stitch of the ginger part and inserti it into the top loop only of the second stitch of the lavender part (pattern shown in the scheme below).
Repeat the pattern all the way to the end of the seam, you will see a straight line forming through the top loops.
- Pull them gently to close the seam while you go.
- The piece should result completely flat; when finished, weave in the yarn ends.
Enjoy! It is super soft and warm!!!